Photos From My Phone | 3rd - 9th June
Monday 3rd June
Tuesday 4th June
Wednesday 5th June
Saturday 8th June
Monday was a really slow day. I had booked a tattoo appointment for Tuesday so wanted to chill out rather than stress myself out too much. I still managed to be pretty productive, I finished and submitted my last essay (thank god) and was able to return all of my books back to the library, which is always a great thing. I even managed to sit down and write a few (long overdue) blog posts, so was pretty proud of myself for that too.


I finally did it. I finally got a tattoo! I've been wanting a Copenhagen-esque tattoo since November, or so, so I finally bit the bullet and got one. I was a nervous wreck, I think I have a pretty low pain threshold so was so nervous about the pain. But it wasn't too bad, and I am so happy with the result. It is exactly how I imagined it to be so I'm over the moon.
As a reward for being so brave (I swear I'm like a child at times), Heather and I went for lunch at Souls, a vegan restaurant just south of the Lakes. We both ended up getting the pancakes and they were fab. I looked very extra since the sun was shining and I needed to keep my upper arm covered up, so had my blaze hanging off my shoulders, it was way too warm to wear it fully as I was already dying from the heat. Trying to keep it covered up for the next two weeks is going to be fun, since the weather is going to be quite warm for the foreseeable future.

Wednesday was one of the hottest days I think I have ever experienced in Copenhagen, so I spent the morning sat in the sun on the balcony listening to the Love Island podcast, really living the dream life abroad, am I right?
It was another bank holiday in Denmark too so I decided to head into the city centre for a couple of hours and gram some food. We visited the Torvehallerne and had great tapas. I'd never had tapas before so some of the food was...interesting to say the least. Due to the heat, which was ridiculous, we also ended up eating lots of ice cream and having a walk through Ørsteds Park so we could take the train home, rather than sit in the greenhouse-like metro.
Wednesday was also great since Teri was finally visiting Denmark again, so in the evening I headed to the airport to pick her up. We didn't do much on her first night since it was pretty late, and we had a coach to catch the following morning.
Teri and I had booked the coach to Aarhus so spent most of the day travelling. The trains were delayed so it was a nightmare to get to Central Station, which meant we had no time to buy lunch for the train there. The coach ride was 4 hours long, but luckily the route was quite scenic at times, especially when crossing the bridges between islands, and there was also free wifi, which was a lifesaver.
We ended up staying in an airbnb room in the Latin quarter of Aarhus, which was one of the cutest homes I have ever been in, and is the kind of place I would love to live in one day. Since we hadn't had lunch, we ended up going out for dinner pretty early. We went to AmoRomA, a cosy Italian restaurant, and the pizzas were insanely good. After food, we had a short wander around the city and went to Vinstuen, a cool bar which cheap beers and good music. What more could you ask for?
We became full-on tourists on Friday, visiting a number of touristy spots in Aarhus, I'm going to write a full post about the whole trip so won't write too much right now. But I honestly fell in love with the city, Aarhus is a beautiful city, and I love that it wasn't too busy, and everything was so close together. We visited ARoS and Møllestien, a street so cute it rivals the ones we saw in Dragør.
For tea, I had good old fish 'n' chips at Café Drudenfuss, a cosy cafe/bar covered in ivy, how adorable?


Saturday 8th June
We had no solid plans on our final day in Aarhus so decided to have a look at the city's university, apparently one of the 10 prettiest university campuses in Europe. After a day of wandering, we sought refuge in the McDonalds next to our Airbnb due to the rain before we grabbed our cases and headed for the coach station. Unfortunately the coach was delayed by an hour so we ended up having a look around the street food market next door, which seemed pretty cool and had lots to offer.
After the coach journey, we ended up buying a cheap pizza from Bilka, and watched a random Adam Sandler film with a few beers.

Sunday was Teri's only full day in Copenhagen so we decided to be semi-tourists, since she has visited the city before. We ended up going to Nyhavn, so Teri could have a sunny picture next to the harbour (which didn't really happen since the clouds appeared as soon as we got there). After lunch we also had a waffle dipped in chocolate, if I hadn't already fallen in love with Copenhagen, that would have definitely convinced me to.We also visited the Lakes, the Botanical Gardens, and Rosenborg Castle, aka my favourite spots in Copenhagen and chilled out there for a few hours because we were shattered.
In the evening, we visited the Meat Packing District, having a beer at Warpigs. It was so nice to sit outside in the sunshine with our beers, especially since there was a festival at the other side of the lot so we could listen to the music playing there too. For dinner, we went to Magasasa which served some of the best Asian food I have had in my life.






