Photos From My Phone | 17th - 23rd June


Monday 17th June
Monday was probably one of my favourite days in Copenhagen ever. I spent the morning exploring Vesterbro, an area I haven't explored enough, unfortunately. I ended up buying the perfect summer wrap dress from Rude, and I am in love with it. We also ended up heading to the city centre for lunch, and ate at L'Education Nationale, a French restaurant. I don't think I have ever been to a French restaurant before, so it was nice to finally try something French.
We had a lovely afternoon in Tivoli. I've only been to Tivoli once before, way back in September, and I loved it. I think I'm going to write a full post about Tivoli, as we took a lot of pictures, so I won't write too much about the trip yet.


Tuesday 18th JuneI decided to take full advantage of having my bike for a few more days whilst the sun was still shining so headed to a water park/beach in Islands Brygge. It's definitely a local spot, which I love, and definitely has a beach feel despite being opposite high rise flats. Unfortunately, I fell asleep whilst sunbathing so got the worst sunburn, which took about a week to recover from, and my back had the worst tan lines.... I also love the beach because it is opposite one of the coolest cafes in Copenhagen, Cafe Nöah, so I also headed inside for a cold drink before my cycle home.


Wednesday 19th June

I didn't take any pictures on Wednesday, however I still managed to get lots done. I cycled to Vesterbro as I had been dying to try the bakery Brød. I bought a strawberry custard tart so decided to cycle up to Frederiksberg Gardens and eat it in the sun. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I absolutely hate cycling, and the cycle home was horrendous. It was so humid and I feel like it took me forever to cycle back...


Thursday 20th June
We headed into the city centre pretty early, I had an appointment for my tattoo being touched up so that it looked perfect before I moved back home. I ended up having to have a few lines touched up and it hurt so much more than the first time, although I'm so happy with my tattoo now, so it was definitely worth a bit of pain.
After visiting the tattoo parlour, we went to Skt. Peders Bageri, which I have mentioned in numerous posts throughout the year, and I had a Nutella filled pastry, which was delicious. It is still 100% my favourite bakery in Copenhagen, and has a special place in my heart.
After the bakery, we had a wander around town, we had planned on using my free voucher to climb Nikolaj Kunsthal, but the tower/art gallery was being renovated so we decided to go to the Botanical Gardens instead. We finally went inside the butterfly house which was pretty cool. I loved the palm house, it felt so tropical and was so picturesque. I would definitely recommend a visit if you're ever in Copenhagen, it was definitely worth the £5 admission fee.
We visited Boltens Food Court for Greek food. There were so many options at the food court, and I wish I had found the spot sooner so I could've tried more of the places out because it all looked great.
Due to the heat, we visited Velo Cafe for a quick drink, before heading to Hidden Dim Sum for dinner. The food smelled delicious before we even got inside! It definitely is the perfect spot for dinner in Copenhagen. The prices are reasonable, it's so central and definitely not overcrowded.
I also managed to sell my bike in the evening, which was great!


Friday 21st June
Friday was a pretty chilled day, especially in comparison to the rest of the week. We headed back to Skt. Peders Bageri to buy our lunch and then headed back to the beach. Unfortunately it began raining shortly after we arrived so we headed to Cafe Nöah for a drink and piece of cake. The rain got a little crazy, but luckily it stopped in time for us to get the bus back.
I spent the evening cleaning my bathroom/kitchen/bedroom as my grandad and sister were flying into Copenhagen on Saturday and I didn't want to waste too much time sorting out my room during my last weekend.

Saturday 22nd June
I was up bright and early to meet my grandad and sister at the airport. I'm so grateful for their help in moving me back to the UK, it would've been far more stressful if I had had to do it all alone. 
We headed to Skt. Peders Bageri (again) as it was my sister and grandad's favourite bakery in Copenhagen too. We had hoped the raspberry pies would be in, since I had hoped to buy them both one for their help, but sadly they didnt have any... However, the food we did buy was still fab. We spent the afternoon wandering around the city, we went to Rosenborg and the Botanical Gardens for one final time, which was pretty sad. We also went to Bastards Cafe in the evening and played a game of Ticket to Ride which is hands down one of my favourite games.
For some reason I don't have any pictures on my phone from this day, I may have accidentally deleted them or something...

Sunday 23rd June 
My last day in Copenhagen. An incredibly sad day. We spent the morning cleaning my bathroom, and packing up which wasn't the most fun.
The weather was great, we headed to  Paludan Bog & Cafe for breakfast, which was actually a success considering how picky my family are with food. Seriously, the food was so good! We also had one last walk around the city centre, and it was nice to have one last day to fully appreciate Copenhagen and how relaxed the city is. We went into Original Coffee in Illum for a quick drink. I love the cafe, the views are amazing and the food is always good (even though we didn't eat this time). We had hoped to sit on the terrace but the seats were way too hot so we ended up sitting by the windows instead.
Then it was time to head back to the apartment, we bought a few snacks for the flight back, did one last cleaning check and dropped the keys off before heading to the airport. I had forgotten to spend some of my kroner that I had got for my bike so we went to Espresso House and bought a drink and cookie each before heading through security (shoutout to the UK for not being in the Schengen Zone and making travel 100 times more effort) so we could chill out and wait for the plane. Our wait seemed pretty quick, and before I knew it we were boarding the plane and on our way back to the UK.

Popular Posts