Photos From My Phone | 10th - 16th June

Monday 10th June
It was Teri's last day in Denmark so we visited one of my favourite cafes, Paludan Bog & Cafe for a late breakfast, their food is to die for and the prices are great too. It's the perfect cafe to visit with friends (or alone) as the atmosphere is so chilled, and the book decor is pretty cool too, since we have nothing like the cafe back home.
After breakfast, we walked down to Christianshavn, and chilled out by the canal before having a wander around Christiania. I hadn't visited Christiania since September, so it was pretty much new to both of us. I like the idea of the community, and the artwork is pretty cool, it's just a shame that you can't take pictures of many parts of the site.
For our last supper, we went up to Reffen, since so many of the food stalls were popping up on my Instagram feed, and I was dying to try the Grab 'n Go Burgers which looked insaneeee. 
We didn't do much after that except take about an hour to get home, I took us on the wrong bus by accident, which was annoying as it meant we had to walk to a metro station and then the metro was delayed, which would've been fine if we had gotten off the bus one stop earlier. We chilled for a while too in my apartment before we had to leave for the airport. 
Tuesday 11th June
I dedicated Tuesday to doing nothing except tidying and food shopping. I was so tired, after essay deadlines and Teri's visit that I spent the whole day napping and cleaning, which was long overdue. Whilst it wasn't the most fun day I've ever had in Copenhagen, the feeling of seeing a shiny apartment was so worth it!
Wednesday 12th June
Wednesday was a pretty sad day, full of lots of goodbyes. I spent the morning in Østebro, at Juno the Bakery to say goodbye to Rosie, my first real goodbye in Copenhagen. As always, the food was great, I ended up buying three items off the menu, and they were all delicious.
In the afternoon, Heather and I headed to Espresso House, the only cafe near our apartment, and also said our goodbyes, which was also pretty sad, she was a great flatmate. 
It was also pretty strange, it meant that I now knew almost no-one in Denmark, which was quite a scary feeling.
Thursday 13th June
The sun was back out and properly shining, so I decided to finally get on my bike, and make the most of it before moving back to the UK and headed off to Nørrebro. I headed to Harbo Bar, and The Laundromat Cafe, to read The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle in the sunshine. I love Nørrebro, there's so much to do in that part of the city, and there was so many charity shops to wander around, I really wish I had been able to live on that side of Copenhagen.
The cycle home was horrendous, I seriously considered walking the last 4km rather than cycling because I had the worst headache, and the heat really wasn't helping. My cycle home seemed to take forever so I decided to cycle through Amager Fælled, rather than down the main road so I could go at my own pace instead of 'competing' with the other cyclists.
Friday 14th June
I think Friday was a pretty chilled day, I only took one photo the whole day and I wrote nothing at all on my calendar (which is really unlike me, who literally writes everything on my iCal).
Saturday 15th June
The weather forecast wasn't looking great so I decided to head to Fredericksberg and visit the Cisterns opposite the palace. The former water reservoir is honestly one of the scariest things I have ever been to, it was pitch black and misty, and I swear I nearly tripped and fell face first into the ankle-deep water. I truly am traumatised, so would definitely recommend visiting Cisterne with a friend rather than going solo; the exhibition was pretty cool though, and the concept was pretty original, just not suitable for me, a self-declared wuss.
After visiting Cisterne, I went to Frede & Vester’s for lunch, which was very cosy, and then walked down to Vestebro and to the train station. I was drenched due to the rain, but the wet weather was welcomed, since I was starting to tire of the constant heat.
Sunday 16th June
I had no solid plans on Sunday so was ecstatic when Sav and Amanda invited me to tag along to Karlstrup Kalkgrav with them, a lake 20 minutes or so south-west of Copenhagen. The lake was beautiful, and reminded me so much of the Greek beaches that I have visited. The water was so clear, and I was so jealous of Sav and Amanda going in for a dip (I couldn't since I still couldn't get my tattoo too wet) but I still enjoyed bathing by the water and listening to music.

Popular Posts