Photos From My Phone | 29th April - 5th May

Monday 29th April
Nothing exciting really happened on Monday, except for the highly anticipated Battle of Winterfell on Game of Thrones. Unfortunately, I didn't think the early morning and the hype was worth it, I understand how it was a landmark for TV but the actual episode was pretty meh. I was so excited to get a bit more of a backstory/understanding about the Night King but his meeting with Bran was pretty anti-climatic. And, considering we had two episodes of build up, and an entire episode dedicated to the characters coming to terms with their imminent death, I was pretty peeved when few died.
Since I didn't have the best start to the morning, I wasn't too pleased to find out that my professor moved the deadline for my synopsis from the 6th to the 1st of May. Which meant I was in a mad panic to start it, which is also frustrating since it doesn't really count for anything, and it was a lot of unnecessary stress I didn't want.


Tuesday 30th April
Tuesday was also pretty slow, I managed to write most of the synopsis which was a relief but aside from that, my day was pretty uneventful. I'm definitely living life to the max. whilst living in Copenhagen, amiright?

Wednesday 1st May
I didn't realise the university was closed until my meeting with my professor, so basically wasted a day off writing my essay. By the time I got home, I was shattered, so ended up missing the mini-festival/party at Fælledparken...
Instead, I watched Mommy Dead and Dearest with my flatmate, which was wild. I can't get over the fact that it was a true crime documentary, I had been watching The Act and assumed the crazier stuff was made up, so I was shocked to find out it was based on real events (especially the whole cinema meeting...)

Thursday 2nd May
I actually managed to do something fun on Thursday, for the first time that week. I made plans with Heather to have lunch at Paludan Bog & Café which was great. The cafe was packed, unsurprisingly since I hear about it on every other website about Copenhagen, but the food was great and not too expensive for the city centre. I loved the whole vibe of the cafe, I felt like a 21st century Belle (it definitely reminded me of the library she has in Beauty and the Beast).

Friday 3rd May
Nothing much happened on Friday either, I managed to pick up my ASOS parcel - shoutout to GLS who always deliver it miles away from my apartment, rather than in the shopping centre across the road! Even though I complain, the walk from the metro to the pickup point and then to campus was pretty nice. I haven't explored much of Amager so it was nice just to stroll around for a short while and I will definitely try visit some cafes nearby in the near-future. My ASOS order was pretty successful since I plan on keeping all but one of the items I ordered, I can't wait to wear the clothes in Milan since they're not appropriate for the current Danish weather.
I also had my four hour lecture, which, like last week, was cut down to three hours! Unfortunately the dull weather meant I didn't get an ice cream this week... I'm praying the weather warms up soon so I can go on a regular basis.

Saturday 4th May
I had the best lie-in on Saturday morning, I seem to be sleeping for England recently (I also ended up having a nap at 2pm since the wifi stopped working and I didn't want to go out of my apartment).
Heather and I went for burgers in the late afternoon which was nice. Sunset Boulevard definitely beat McDonalds on the burger front, it was great for a fast-food option. I loved the chips in particular.
We also headed out for 20kr cocktails in the evening which was fun. The Saturday special at The Old Irish Pub was Sex on the Beach and it was great for the price. Going out for cocktails is something I love to do, but they're so god-damn expensive that it's an expensive hobby so shoutout to The Old Irish Pub for being a lifesaver on that front. There was also a random man performing in the pub, his music taste was interesting - he covered literally every genre but the Irish songs definitely gave me flashbacks to the Irish dancing competitions I had to sit through as a kid...

Sunday 5th May
I was pretty productive on Sunday; Heather and I headed to Democratic Coffee and the central library to get a bit of work done (I would definitely recommend the almond croissant - it was fab). I managed to get quite a bit of work done, which was good since I go to Milan tomorrow so will pretty unproductive this week.
The library ended up closing at 4, but that wouldn't stop us, we headed to Amagertorv and had a great little hot dog whilst listening to the cutest busker sing a Danish wedding song for a young couple who were engaged. Then we headed to the Espresso House on the square to get another few hours of work done, and the music was pretty interesting, it honestly felt like I was in a bar at times. I had the ice tea, but we had ordered the same drink but mine was yellow and Heather's was pink, which is straaaange.
I also went out for burgers, which turned into open-faced sandwiches, which then became Italian. We went to a small restaurant I the city centre and it was great. Probably not the best idea since I am heading to Milan today so will be overindulging in Italian food for the next few days but I loved it nonetheless. 

Popular Posts