Christmas in Copenhagen


It's been soooooo long, I can't even remember the last time I wrote anything on here! I have been ill quite a bit for the past few weeks so hadn't been up to anything worth mentioning on here. However, I'm feeling a lot better now so have had chance to have a browse around a load of Christmas markets, there are so many in Copenhagen, it's crazy. My favourite market (so far) is the one at Kongens Nytorv, it's definitely the biggest so there's plenty of stalls to browse. It's also right next to Nyhavn, which is looking adorable at the moment. But the market at Amagertorv looks like something out of a fairytale, especially since Christiansborg Palace is right behind it. Definitely getting A Christmas Switch vibes, so I'm not complaining - seriously, that film is the perfect cheese-fest Parent Trap/Monte Carlo movie and I recommend it to everyone!


Aside from getting into the Christmas spirit, I haven't done much else except become swamped by university work. My deadlines are fast approaching (my first exam is only a week away...) so I've been trying to keep on top of that to avoid too much stress. I'm trying to remind myself that this year doesn't count, and it is working to some extent. I am a lot less stressed than I usually am at this point of the year in Leeds, so that's a bonus, I suppose. I'm hoping to finish most of my History work this week so I can spend next week focussed on my Danish exams. Danish is hard and I'm still too scared to order something basic in Danish, but I know I should be fine if I try and focus on learning the grammar. Besides, we did a mock exam and I didn't do too bad on it, so the real thing shouldn't be too bad either.



On another note, I'm going to Vienna in a couple of weeks as a post-exam treat! I heard that the Christmas markets there are some of the best in Europe, so booked a (very) short trip to the city for a couple of days before I fly home for Christmas. I'm so excited, it's a city I have wanted to visit for such a long time, and it will also be my first solo trip, which is also pretty nerve-wracking... I've already started looking at what there is to do in Vienna and I know I'm not going to be disappointed. I just pray that we don't get any snow whilst I'm there (I'm still traumatised by our trip to Amsterdam) as I don't want to get stranded, alone, in Austria and miss my flight back to the UK too.

Hopefully, I'll keep this little blog updated a bit more often during my last few weeks in Copenhagen before Christmas, however I don't want to make promises as I know I'm going to become consumed with revision and whatnot, so I doubt I'll be doing much that is worth mentioning on here.
